Ms. Thompson focuses her practice on all aspects of corporate, copyright and trademark law including licensing, IP due diligence in transactions, corporate law, unfair competition, domain name disputes, trade secrets, intellectual property enforcement and policing, anti-counterfeiting, contract negotiation, social media, and brand management. She has advised clients on Internet-related issues including domain name disputes, cyber-squatting, keyword advertising, anti-counterfeiting, privacy issues, COPPA-compliance, drafting website privacy policies, terms and conditions, and social media. Ms. Thompson also has considerable experience in drafting and negotiating various transactional agreements including confidentiality agreements, settlement agreements, consulting agreements, employment agreements, distribution agreements, and software agreements.
Ms. Thompson assists small start-up businesses and private companies in developing cost-effective brand strategies, and counsels clients on strategic brand management and protection. She also works with artists and entrepreneurs seeking protection for their creative works, and assists clients in securing protection for copyright-eligible works.
Prior to moving to private practice, Ms. Thompson’s extensive experience included working in-house at several Fortune 500 companies where she prosecuted and enforced major consumer brands and famous marks such as Scholastic®, Clifford the Big Red Dog®, Harry Potter®, Mattel®, Barbie®, Matchbox®, 3M®, Post-it® and Scotch®.
Ms. Thompson works with businesses and entrepreneurs in developing and protecting their brands including counseling clients on trademark selection, clearance, registration, and enforcement against third-party infringers.
- New Hampshire
Affiliations & Professional Memberships
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member of the Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section – New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member of the Intellectual Property Section – New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship pro-bono attorney and contributing writer to the Hannah Grimes Newsletter
- J.D. UNH School of Law (Formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center) (2000)
- B.A. Simmons College – International Relations/Political Science